Post Study Work Stream
Post-Study Work stream – for international students who graduate with an eligible qualification. This stream is only available to students who applied for and were granted their first Student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years, depending on the qualification. Graduates who have completed a Bachelor degree, Masters by coursework degree or Masters (extended) degree in Australia are eligible to apply for a two year post-study work visa.  
Graduates who have completed a Masters by research degree or a Doctoral degree in Australia are eligible to apply for a three or four year post-study work visa respectively

You can apply for this visa if you:

  • are younger than 50 years of age
  • are in Australia
  • hold an eligible visa
  • have at least competent English
  • meet the two year Australian study requirement in the last six months
  • meet health and character requirements
  • have health insurance in Australia
  • meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.

You can apply for this visa in the Post-Study Work stream if you:

  • applied for, and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011
  • have completed an eligible qualification from an Australian educational institution
  • meet the two year Australian study requirement in the past six months.

In the six months before you apply, you must meet the Australian study requirement. This means that you must have completed one or more courses registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

Your course must:

  • result in the award of a bachelors, masters or doctoral degree
  • be conducted in English
  • be at least two academic years (92 weeks) duration
  • be lawfully completed in no less than 16 months
  • be completed at an Australian educational institution in Australia.
English language proficiency courses or enabling programs cannot be used to meet the Australian study requirement.

If you complete a graduate diploma or graduate certificate in a packaged, nested or articulating course leading to an eligible qualification, you can use that study towards meeting the two-year study requirement. For example, you can count a Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies leading to a Master of Education.


Degrees Ahead Limited, The Hive, 66 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1XG | +44(0) 207 193 7932 |
registration no: 6198511      VAT registration number: 993540195

Website Design by Joomla By Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information